Challenges of A New Lean Six Sigma Deployment
Deployment of a new LSS Program requires extensive planning and support. TMAC can partner with your Deployment Team to develop a plan, provide support, share best practices, and establish standards. Ultimately, TMAC’s Deployment Support will lead to a faster deployment, with fewer mistakes and better outcomes for both the company and individuals.
Here is a list of Deployment Activities shown in the recommended sequence:
- Initial Planning: Work with senior management to explain the program, identify program champion, gain buy-in, and reach an agreement on a high-level plan for deployment.
- Deployment Logistics Agreement: Develop a training schedule, select initial candidates for training, perform initial project selection, and plan communication.
- Train Project Sponsors: Train management team on their roles in LSS, establish process for selecting projects, and choose initial group of projects.
- Train Project Leaders: Train selected staff as LSS Black Belts and/or Green Belts.
- Start First Group Project: Black Belts and Green Belts lead their project teams to solve significant business problems.
- Provide Ongoing Support: Project coaching is provided to Black Belts and Green Belts by a Master Black Belt. Once initial projects are completed, more project assignments follow. From this point, the following ingoing activities should occur:
- Project selection and prioritization
- Training additional staff as Green Belts and Black Belts
- Training project sponsors
- Providing project coaching
- Tracking results