The History of Lean Six Sigma and It’s Applications
Lean Six Sigma is a powerful process improvement methodology that combines the waste reduction focus and proven tools in Lean with the cultural, structural, and analytical methods of Six Sigma.
The methodology includes the following key tenets:
- The DMAIC Process provides a structured, data-based approach to solve major business problems
- Projects are chosen based on expected benefits to the company, in helping achieve strategic objectives
- Problems are solved by teams, led by individuals trained in LSS tools and methods – Black Belts and Green Belts
- Middle managers are key to success by providing resources for LSS teams and implementing solutions
- Senior managers are key to success through promotion and support, and in ensuring the LSS Program is actively engaged in achievement of company strategic goals
For information on the history of Lean Six Sigma, click here.