The Goal of the Master Black Belt
The primary goal of the Master Black Belt is to develop the ability to support the Lean Six Sigma Champion in the deployment of Lean Six Sigma. This could require teaching LSS, coaching Green Belts and Black Belts on their projects, leading teams on the most challenging projects, and/or providing program logistical support.
Certification as a Master Black Belt is typically a combination of technical training combined with demonstrated ability in areas of instructing, coaching, and leading major projects.
Instructor approval is required prior to registration for this course. Please contact us for additional details.
- Live, in-person knowledgeable instructors
- DMAIC Process, Basic and Advanced Problem Solving Tools, plus deep dives into more advanced topics
- Train-the-Trainer (Practice Teaching)
- Coaching Best Practices (Role Play)
- Three Textbooks
- Three(weekly) course notebooks
- Certificate of Completion
- Post-class review for MBB Certificate
Pre-Requisites: Certified BB plus instructor approval
Duration: Three weeks
Software: Minitab (Not included)
Who Should Register?
- Certified Black Belts who want to teach or coach other LSS practitioners
- In-class lecture, discussion, one-on-one, and group exercises
- Self-paced learning through reading and homework
- Practice Teaching (Feedback Provided)
- Examples of Completed Projects
- End of course Capstone Case Study
- Final Exam Essay
- Instruct others in LSS tools, methods and concepts
- Coach other Belts to help them achieve better results faster
- Provide deeper understanding of technical concepts and tools