Areas of Expertise:
Satya is certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt, a State of Texas – Texas Awards for Performance Excellent Examiner (TAPE) and a certified Internal Auditor for ISO 9001 and AS9100 standards.
Satya is one of the instructors at TMAC in Lean Six Sigma Program (Yellow Belt, Green Belt and Black Belt), Basic and Advanced SPC, Internal Audits (ISO 9001 and AS 9100), Lean Manufacturing Practices and Kaizens, Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis.
Satya is also a primary facilitator in the implementation of Quality Management Systems (AS 9100, ISO 9001) and with the deployment of LSS programs at customer sites.
Scope of Experience:
Satya has provided project management, training and professional business consultant services to 100 plus enterprises in the North Texas region that span a wide variety of industry clusters including medical, aerospace, utilities, fabrication and city governance.
Satya has worked as project manager with over a dozen different companies in the development of their ISO / AS Quality Management Systems. He has also worked with a variety of companies on implementing Lean Manufacturing projects including Value Stream Mapping, Setup Reduction, 5S, Cellular Manufacturing and Pull Systems.
Since 2010, Satya has taught several Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Black Belt and Green Belt classes to students from all industries. In addition, he continually assists both present and past students in their LSS projects as a mentor/coach by providing guidance in the DMAIC methodology and Project Management realms of their projects. When necessary Satya also has reached out to the Project sponsors and coached them on their roles and responsibilities for managing the LSS projects lead by their belts.
Satya has successfully led ISO/AS9100 implementations in a wide variety of industries that include fabrication environments, electronics industry, communication/cable manufacturing, and city governance. In addition, Satya has conducted over 100 ISO 9001 and AS 9100 internal audits at various organizations over the span of 10 years.
Satya has worked with a wide variety of organizations such as Medtronic, Resonant Sensors, Carter Blood Care, Children’s Medical Center, Oncor, James Avery Craftsman, Recaro Aircraft Seating, Venture Metals…etc, providing assistance in areas of process & tooling qualifications, process design & control, risk management, quality control and problem solving.
Satya also actively pursues Continuous Improvement and Workforce Development practices at TMAC customer sites by the application of Lean Manufacturing, Lean Six Sigma, Innovation and Toyota Kata Principles.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Science – Production Engineering, University of Madras, India
- Master of Science – Industrial Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington
- Past Examiner – Texas Award for Performance Excellence
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Honors, Awards and Special Accomplishments:
- Member of Tau-Beta-Phi (Engineering Honor Society)
- Member of Alpha-Pi-Mu (Industrial Engineering Honor Society)
- Member of Phi-Beta-Delta (Honor Society for International Society)
- Member of APICS (Professional Association for Supply Chain Management)
- Member of IIPE (Indian Institute of Production Engineers)
- Blockbuster, Inc. – Worked as an Industrial Engineer at their Headquarters in McKinney, TX
- TMAC – Worked as Graduate Student Assistant assisting in Process Improvement projects