Alberto has more than 22 years of experience in Continuous Improvement of manufacturing and service / transactional processes. His expertise is primarily in training, implementation of Lean Six Sigma and coaching to GB/BB or management.
Areas of Expertise:
Alberto is one of the main instructors for Lean Six Sigma (LSS) at The University of Texas at Arlington. He is the lead instructor in various classes, provides coaching for newly trained individuals, and works closely with customers in implementing their LSS Program.
Scope of Experience:
Alberto is a consultant and practitioner in the field of Lean Six Sigma (LSS). He has worked for the aerospace and automotive industries, health care industry, cities, food & beverage, logistics, insurance, chemical plants, oil companies, the maquila industry (factories along the Mexican border), steel and paper mills, and discrete and continuous manufacturing processes ranging from small to large corporations.
Alberto’s experience not only encompasses manufacturing processes but also business (white collar) process improvements, which in many cases, can provide the biggest benefit to a company. Alberto possesses strong technical skills, but his biggest asset is the deployment of these concepts to manufacturing or business processes.
Alberto has taught over 60 LSS classes including: Black, Green and Yellow Belt, Sponsor Workshops and Design for Lean Six Sigma. He has also provided coaching to hundreds of individuals on their projects in support of their certification as LSS Black Belts or Green Belts.
Education and Training:
- Ph. D. M.E., University of Minnesota, USA
- M.S. M.E., University of Minnesota, USA
- B.S.M.E., Ibero American University, México
- Certified Master Black Belt UTA/Accenture
- Certified Black Belt, Textron Program
- SME Bronze Level Certification
- QA/ISO 9000 Lead Assessor Training
- Professional Training, North Dakota State University
- Visiting Researcher, Petroleum Eng. Dept., Stanford University
Honors, Awards and Special Accomplishments:
- Presenter at Annual Lean Six Sigma World Conference (2011-2016)
- Presenter at Lean Six Sigma Conference in Curitiba Brazil 20012-2013)
- Periodic presenter at ASQ sections in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston (2004-2015)
- Bell Helicopter – Served as a Black Belt as part of the Bell Lean Six Sigma Program. Mentored 10 Green Belts through certification. Completed 14 Black Belt projects. Main instructor for multiple GB classes
- Planergy, Energy Consulting Company – Worked with manufacturing companies to identify and implement energy saving systems
- George Group Inc. – Lean training and consulting for manufacturing firms in the United States and Mexico
- Du Pont – Developed paint products for the automotive industry at a factory in Mexico; Supervised ten union operators
- Electric Research Institute – Design, development and construction of a mobile laboratory to perform in-situ down-hole measurements for the oil & gas industry in Mexico