About: Russ Aikman
- Role : LSS Program Manager
Russ has more than 25 years of experience in Continuous Improvement of manufacturing and service / transactional processes. His expertise is primarily in training and implementation of Lean Six Sigma.
Areas of Expertise:
Russ is the Program Manager for Lean Six Sigma (LSS) at The University of Texas at Arlington. He is a Master Black Belt, and serves as the lead instructor for various classes, provides coaching for newly trained individuals, and works closely with customers in implementing their LSS Program.
Scope of Experience:
Russ has worked with dozens of companies in implementing Lean Six Sigma improvements. His experience includes work in a variety of industries, including food and beverage, health care, aerospace, metals, logistics, city government, insurance, banking, construction, oil and gas, connectors, packaging and paint.
Russ has taught over 75 LSS classes including Master Black Belt, Black Belt, Green Belt, Design for Lean Six Sigma, and Sponsor Workshops. He has also provided coaching for dozens of individuals on their projects in support of their certification as LSS Black Belts or Green Belts.
He worked closely with Dr Pepper in the development of their Rapid Continuous Improvement Program (http://www.texasleansixsigma.com/success-stories/dr_pepper). He also provided training and coaching for Transplace, a third party logistics firm (http://www.texasleansixsigma.com/success-stories/transplace-delivers-dramatic-improvements-with-lean-six-sigma). Russ worked with City of Irving in reducing waste in various city processes (http://www.texasleansixsigma.com/success-stories/city-of-irving-innovates-services-with-lean-six-sigma).
Prior to his focus on Lean Six Sigma, Russ worked with over a dozen different companies in the development of their ISO 9000 Quality Management System. He also worked with a variety of firms on Lean Enterprise projects including Value Stream Mapping, Setup Reduction, Cellular Manufacturing, Kaizen Events and Pull Systems.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor of Science – Chemical Engineering, University of Arkansas
- Master of Science – Industrial Engineering, University of Arkansas
- Past Examiner – Texas Award for Performance Excellence
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Honors, Awards and Special Accomplishments:
- Senior Member of the Institute of Industrial Engineers, and past President of the Dallas Chapter (2001)
- Outstanding Industrial Engineer of the Year (2002)
- Inducted into the Arkansas Academy of Industrial Engineers (2010)
- Presenter at Annual Lean Six Sigma World Conference (2011-2016)
- Periodic presenter at ASQ sections in Dallas, Fort Worth, and Houston (2004-2015)
- George Group – Worked with many firms to implement lean methods
- Accenture – Adapted IT and lean solutions to improve manufacturing firms
- Baxter Healthcare – Improved quality of manufacturing processes
- AT&T Technologies – Designed manufacturing process for new product