About: Diana Martinez, Ph.D.
- Role : LSS Instructor
Diana Martinez has collaborated on consulting projects with over 40 small and medium companies in the Dallas / Fort Worth area including manufacturing, health care and government organizations. Projects have included: Lean manufacturing implementation, analysis of manufacturing operations, facility layouts and warehouse capacity analysis. Benefits of these projects have included: improving service response time, increasing productivity, reducing costs and developing skilled workforce. Additionally, Diana is a Lean Six Sigma Coach and Instructor.
Areas of Expertise:
Diana has participated in a Lean transformation of a health care organization using the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology. She has contributed in an inventory analysis identifying parts to implement a Kanban system. She has developed process maps and defined standard times to determine margin on different product lines.
Diana has also directed a Predominant Utility Usage Study (PUUS) for the customer to be exempt from sales tax on utility bills. In addition to this, she has assisted in the auditing process for the customer to achieve the ISO 9001 registration, performed process operation analysis and proposed an optimal facility layout for business expansion.
Scope of Experience:
She has over 9 years of experience in different types of industries.
Education and Training:
- Master of Science – Industrial Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington.
- Doctor of Philosophy – Industrial Engineering, The University of Texas at Arlington; dissertation was on: “Variants of Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines (MARS): Convex vs. Non-convex, Piecewise-Linear vs. Smooth and Sequential Algorithms.” (The research focused on the study of an advanced statistical method called Multivariate Adaptive Regression Splines (MARS) and the development of variants and sequential algorithms that provide more flexibility to the modeling process and facilitate the optimization routines.)
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt
- SME Lean Bronze Certification
Honors, Awards and Special Accomplishments:
- Selected for the 2013 edition of Who’s Who Among Students in America Universities and Colleges (2013).
- UTA University Scholar for academic excellence (given to only 1% of the student population) (2011).
- Automation and Robotics Research Institute (ARRI) best student award (2010).
- Selected member of Golden Key International Honour Society, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi, and Alpha Pi Mu
Manufacturing and Project Engineer – Parkway Products de Mexico S. de R.L. de C.V.